Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Database Administrator to join our team in the Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center, Portsmouth VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in collecting new requirements for development to meet customer’s needs.
- Assist in resolving complex IT program and implementation issues, especially with cross platform data and IT systems that require coordination and compatibility.
- Provides suggestions as appropriate on situations requiring changes in resources, impacts on established policies, broad program goals, or projected timetables.
- Is responsible for work that involves the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing applications software.
- Prepares design briefings for as appropriate.
- Analyzes and refines systems requirements, translating systems requirements into applications prototypes.
- Assists in the planning and designing systems architecture, writing, debugging, and maintaining code.
- Assists in determining and designing applications architecture and the output media/formats.
- Designs user interfaces and works with customers to test applications and assures software and systems quality and functionality.
- Evaluates new applications software technologies.
- Writes and maintains program documentation.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in IT environment
- Experience with C#, Java, Visual Basic.
- Extensive experience with T‐SQL
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Current Microsoft SQL Server certification
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Experience as a programmer providing software development, system analysis, database administration (DBA).
- Experience in software development utilizing Microsoft's Extract‐Load‐ Translate (ETL) tool and SQL Servers Integration Services (SSIS) to handle and develop various data processes.
- Experience establishing a formal QA/QC process/program.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008r2 or higher, Visual Studio.Net, MS
- Report Builder, Experience with MAGTF Collaborative Architecture Environment (MCAE).
- Secret security clearance
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.