Established in 1955 The Cook & Boardman Group, LLC is a privately owned distributor and specialty-subcontractor. We are the premier provider of architectural hardware, doors, doorframes, and related building specialties for non-residential building applications throughout the US. Our operating units trade names include Cook & Boardman; Precision Doors & Hardware; Martin Architectural Products; Architectural Building Supply; RDL Supply; Hollow Metal Specialists; Delta Door and Hardware; Pinnacle Door & Hardware; Specialized AP; Door Pro Systems and Exactitude. Today, our family of companies works with customers across the United States.
We are currently recruiting for a Branch Manager to work out of our Cook & Boardman office in Newport News, VA.
Position will oversee, direct and manage all day to day facets of business within the Newport News, VA office. Monitors sales activity to ensure profitability within the Branch as is associated with The Cook & Boardman Group as a company; and establishes operational goals while staying abreast of changing needs within the organization and Branch.
Assigns, instructs, trains and provides direction to all levels of management within the office
Reviews and manages personnel assignments with managers and supervisors.
Assigns, instructs, trains and provides directions to managers and employees in the performance of their jobs
Monitors current inventory to insure sufficient quantities are available
Monitors and ensures on time delivery and/or job completion
Reviews the following on a recurring basis:
sales reports, productions reports, department expenses, labor costs, employee attendance reports, and other reports and documents related to organizational operations
Monitors costs and establishes cost controls
Reviews bids and helps to guide the estimating department
Assists in specification reviews on large projects being bid, active in pre submittal review to ensure maximum submittal profitability
Prepares annual preliminary budget for Branch, monitors compliance to the final approved budget
Works closely with customers to promote sales and to assist in solving problems as they arise
Works to ensure excellent customer relations, both with internal and external customers
Frequent interaction with Commercial Contractors including:
assisting in closing sales, problem solving, and general customer relations management
Works closely with Safety Manager to coordinate local safety initiatives
Meets and develops relationships with key supplier reps that interact with Branch
Manages and performs all personnel management duties with the assistance of Human Resources
Manages all facets of financial activity relative to the P&L
Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field Required
- 5-7 years of experience in distribution management or related type of building/construction materials Required
- Experience in commercial doors, frames, hardware preferred
- Experience managing a branch preferred
- 5+ years of direct management experience preferred
- Prior experience interacting with contractors and industry professionals Required
- Intermediate to advanced level of experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, competency in grammar and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization
Please apply by submitting your resume via this job posting.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor