WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Salem Staffing’s Northshore staffing center is looking for a highly professional Loan Servicing Specialist I for a Temporary position at our client’s office located in Waukegan, IL.
- Title: Loan Servicing Specialist I
- Location: Gurnee, IL
- Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Board and service consumer loans/lines of credit to the FIS Loan and CIS systems with a very high degree of accuracy and quality
- Enter payment and payoff transactions to the core loan system
- Complete maintenance transactions as appropriate (due date changes, payment extensions, disbursements, address changes, fee waivers, overpayment checks, auto debit payments, wire transfer payments, etc.)
- Prepare general ledger ticket entries to coincide with transactions entered into FIS
- Complete daily check back and apply necessary updates to resolve exceptions noted
- Research and correct misapplied payments/transactions
- Administer IRS corrections as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years loan servicing experience
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks/projects in a disciplined and organizational fashion while maintaining attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles
- Thorough understanding of bank compliance regulations regarding loans
- Able to work with various software programs (i.e. FIS, Word, Excel, LaserPro, CRIF ACTion, Lotus Notes, OnBase, etc.)
The benefits of working with Salem Staffing- In addition to your regular earnings, The Salem Group is proud to offer a benefits package that is second to none. Once eligible, our assignment employees can take advantage of health insurance, holiday pay, sick pay and our premier 4,000 Hours Club bonus.
SALEM $ENTS REFERRAL PROGRAM
If you know others as reliable and professional as yourself, refer them to Salem Staffing to receive a $50 referral bonus after they complete their first 37.5 hours of work for a Salem Group client. Contact your Staffing Manager for details.
The Salem Group considers applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Bank Compliance Regulations (regarding loans): 2 years (Required)
- Accounting Principles: 1 year (Required)
- Loan Servicing: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)