The Senior Manager, U.S. Air Force Air Mobility and Training Team is the central interface for Air Force aviation training programs/activities involving Lockheed Martin Government Affairs and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics with the senior echelons of both the U.S. Air Force and Department of Defense. The position will be physically located at the Lockheed Martin Government Affairs office in Arlington (Crystal City), VA.
Manages the company's federal and/or state legislative and regulatory affairs with elected officials and government officials in regulatory and other agencies and their respective staffs. Monitors the company's product line to ensure it is presented to its best advantage and that lobbying activities are successfully pursued. Monitors progress of legislative and regulatory issues of interest to the company and provides analysis to company officials. Oversees the development of strategy for visits of elected government and regulatory officials and to advise them of company issues. Ensures that work is done with designated trade and business associations on political, legislative and regulatory issues of importance to the company.
Plays a key and central leadership role in the development, coordination and implementation of strategies to support ongoing AF Advance Pilot Training Family of Systems (T-X) program, legacy AF pilot training, contracted aircrew training systems; and new initiatives such as NxGen Pilot Training, Contract Undergraduate Pilot Training, Hercules Training Center, etc. Also provides support to other programs of interest as directed.
Coordinates within LMGA and LM operating companies to optimize the impact of outreach activities and events. Responsible for interacting with numerous customers both within and external to the Offices of Secretary of Defense and Secretary of Air Force, U.S. Air Force, supporting major commands and International customers to develop new business opportunities and while keeping existing programs sold. Will travel as necessary to government, LM, or customer locations, as needed to support relevant training and business activities.
Interacts with Company program leadership executives and their teams within Lockheed Martin. Cultivates a strong working relationship with company level business development, government relations, and communication functional leaders.
- USAF Officer with credible aviation background and familiarity with Air Education and Training Command requirements
- An understanding of aviation training: pipeline, production, and end-user requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent level of education
- Acquisition, procurement, and training system experience
- Experience on HQ/USAF, OSD or Joint Staff
- Extensive staff relationships
- Capable of gaining a TS-SCI security clearance.
- Experience with DoD customer base
- Polished staff officer skills including writing, oral communication, and critical thinking
- Highly developed customer interactive skills
- Working knowledge of Air Force Training programs and sustainment
- Familiarization with the acquisition roadmap and President’s Budget cycle
- Demonstrated success in effectively interacting with, communicating with, and supporting the priorities of senior leaders in government and industry
- Active Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.