to perform security-engineering services in our MSP and MSSP business. At Neovera
we use a combination of commercial and open source tools to solve our client’s problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architecture, documentation, and implementation:
o Design complete IT infrastructure solutions individually and as part of a team;
o Compose documentation and update it regularly; o Install and configure
hardware and software.
- Maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting:
o Implement and tune monitoring of system performance and up-time; o Respond
to events and incidents reported by customers and monitoring systems; o
Participate in the Change Control Board and implement change requests; o
Serve in a weekly On-Call rotation.
- Compose and review policy:
o Configure systems to comply with security benchmarks and best current practices;
o Design and implement access control solutions; o Monitor events and alerts;
o Respond to incidents.
o Research and study topics and technologies beneficial to the engineer and
o Share knowledge and cross-train fellow systems engineers; o Be receptive to
knowledge that you can gain from your fellow systems engineers.
o Report project and task status to project or operations manager at regular
intervals; o Track and report time per project or task category in an on-line
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ Years as a Security Systems Engineer;
- 2+ Years in a Linux environment;
- Azure Sentinel Experience a plus!
- Intimately familiar with network, storage, and server hardware specifications;
- Experience managing and securing a variety of operating systems, especially Linux;
- Experience with deployment and operational experience of commercial firewalls, UTMs,
SIEM, NIDS, IPS, HIDS, service integrity monitoring tools, and vulnerability scanning tools;
- Experience with deployment and operational of open source security tools such as Suricata,
SNORT, BroIDS, OSSEC, OSSIM, ModSecurity, OpenVAS, and other common security tools
Advanced shell scripting capabilities;
- VMware, KVM, and/or Xen administration, heavily leaning towards VMware;
- Expert-level knowledge of networking at least through layer 4 and common Internet services
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and knowledge of tools required to analyze packet captures
and performance counters.
Other desired knowledge, skills or attributes:
- Experience in working with or for a MSSP;
- Programming / shell scripting experience (PERL, Python, Java, shell scripts, etc.);
- Curiosity and strong desire to constantly learn;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment;
- Excellent oral and communication skills;
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities in a high demand environment;
The overall well-being of our employees and their families is important, and Neovera provides
many valuable benefits, programs and tools to help manage the various phases, developments,
and priorities in your life which include:
- Medical and dental insurance coverage;
- FSA- health and dependent care expenses;
- Life insurance;
- Short and long-term disability insurance;
- Generous paid time off;
- 401(k) retirement plan;
Competitive base salary; Discounted gym membership.
Neovera is a trusted provider of complex hosting solutions, leveraging over a decade of
unmatched technical expertise in IT consulting and infrastructure managed services.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Neovera’s clients range from start-up and non-profit
organizations, to global media, distance-learning, and financial institutions. Our goal is to assist
clients in achieving superior return on their investment with the optimization and management
of high-availability IT infrastructure solutions.
Neovera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national
origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable law.