ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Smile Smile Smile
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
- Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information.
- Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
- Answer phone in a timely manner following company standards and etiquette
- Respond & process requests for late check outs, room changes, lock-outs, billing inquiries, and extension of stay.
- Complete shift checklist
- Ensure guest satisfaction, utilizing self empowerment and management assistance
- Collect market payment and monitor market area
- Promote hotel facilities and local attractions and restaurants
- Book room and tour reservations at front desk or via telephone.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Hotel experience preferred but not required, Smile is required
BASIC REQUIRED SKILLS
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- General knowledge of Washington DC and its attractions
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its neighborhood and the City of DC
- Flexible work schedule, weekends and holidays required
- Tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand for 4-8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert self in limited space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour