As a 3D Character Artist and Production Modeler, you will be responsible for the creation and modeling of high quality character assets from concept art, and other reference material. You will work with both internal and external development partners to support the creation, polish, and release of custom Avatar assets.
You’re excited about solving novel problems driven by user-centric principles. Our creative teams, spread across several locations, are focused on creating content that invites users to engage in immersive, real-time experiences. If you're excited about forging into new territory, and working with the mightiest in the industry, this may be just the role you’re looking for.
- Model high quality character assets
- Adapt existing models and topology for new assets
- Work closely with rigging team to problem solve and bug fix models and topology
- Review high-resolution models in Maya, Blendery, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Work within multi-disciplinary design teams to increase the expressiveness, customization, and diversity of avatars
- Actively participating in artistic, creative, and technical, problem-solving
- General 3D asset content polish including modeling, texturing, materials, and lighting, at both mobile and high-end specs.
- Iterate and polish assets in engine (Unity) and publish complete assets
- Contribute directly to both the conceptual thinking behind and the physical creation of detailed, high-quality products
- 2+ years professional content development experience in either game or film industries, including shipping one or more titles
- Experience leading and mentoring other artists, including strong communications skills to clearly express objectives and processes
- Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers
- Experience with one or more commercial game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
- Expert knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop.
- Experience locating and resolving content and asset performance bottlenecks through performance profiling and optimization
- Virtual or augmented reality experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Shader development experience
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $35 - $55 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.