SEIU Benefit Funds
Benefits Administrative Clerk (TERM) Grade: TS-4
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to all departments of the SEIU Benefit Fund Office and back up to the Call Center Representatives. The Benefit Fund Office administers multiple benefit funds in a fast paced environment.
(Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
Direction and Decision Making:
- Receives and inventories and/or distributes incoming mail for Benefit Fund Office. Process outgoing mail for Benefit Fund Office.
- Performs clerical functions for the Pension Processing Department.
- Processes pension benefit verifications, pension benefit estimate requests, and pension benefit eligibility requests.
- Performs clerical functions for the Contributions Compliance Department.
- Performs clerical functions for the Call Center.
- Serves as backup to the Call Center Representatives.
- Assists Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Pension Processing Manager with special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required to support the mission of the department and the SEIU Benefit Fund Office.
This position reports to the Pension Processing Manager.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree from an accredited college or university with coursework in business administration or other related coursework and one (1) year of experience in an administrative environment.
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of work experience in an administrative environment.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to think critically and produce sound, logical conclusions.
- Ability to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in demanding environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations in calm respectful manner
- Ability to multitask using oral, visual and tactile senses.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet established deadlines and adapt to an ever changing environment for the purpose of accomplishing results.
- Ability to organize work/tasks to provide for systematic and efficient processes.
- Ability to produce work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach toward assignments while actively participating and supporting a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers using accounting, database, and spreadsheet software or other SEIU Benefit Fund Office software, including Microsoft Office Suite, in the performance of record keeping.
Sixteen (16) calendar weeks
Excel (Basic); Word (Intermediate)
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Overtime required as necessary.
Term of the Position:
Up to one (1) Year
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU Benefits Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.