Seeking resumes for a technical expert in Application Server (JBoss/Weblogic) Administration on Red Hat Linux.
12 month contract - hourly rate OPEN!!!
Middleware- mainly jboss- WebLogic is preferred but not required
Red hat OpenShift preferred. If not OpenShift, Kubernetes will work as well.
Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Mid to advanced level Redhat Jboss 6/7 administration
- Mid-level Red Hat Linux 4/5/6 administration
- Mid-level Redhat OpenShift administration
- Strong Unix shell scripting
- Strong teamwork and customer support focus
- Ability to handle numerous conflicting priorities in a professional manner
- Team building and problem resolution skills.
- VMWare virtualization of Red Hat Linux
- Experience with BigIP F5 or similar load balancing technology and concepts
- 3+ years of Red Hat Linux
- 3+ years of Unix shell scripting experience
- will be expected to serve as a team member in the Integration Services Team; working in a complex, mission-critical computing environment primarily on Red Hat Linux. The work associated with this position will be divided evenly between new projects and support activities.
- will be well rounded, possess maturity, vision, and a depth of experience that allows for grasping of issues quickly and making educated, critical judgments / decisions in the absence of complete information.
- must be able to work in a fast-paced 24x7 environment with on-call duties and must possess the ability to work with a diverse, high-performance team.
- will be expected to interface with customers, business partners, third-party suppliers/vendors, internal IT application programmers, and internal business contacts for both new development and problem determination/resolution; assist in designing, implementing, and supporting the corporate Linux/Solaris architecture as required for installed and proposed systems.
- act as a resource as needed during critical system outages to provide management with business impact information necessary to make decisions; assure the highest levels of stability, integrity, reliability, security, and availability of the environment under his/her responsibility ;
- will adhere to the established change control policies and prescribed procedures;
- will produce documentation and procedures regarding the proper use and operation of the corporate Websvcs infrastructure;
- correct reported problems with software and communication interfaces under his/her responsibility;
- utilize a problem management tool to track open tickets and follow up to resolution and closure; and execute special projects or other related duties as required.
- will be expected to have excellent interpersonal skills for the purposes of requirements gathering and coordination with other technical teams, business partners, and third party vendors.
- must be sensitive when introducing new technologies to established groups and products but have the conviction to push through technologies that are in the best interests of the company.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $0.00 to $0.01 /hour
- Kubernetes: 3 years (Preferred)
- Scripting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Shell Scripting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Load Balancing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 3 years (Preferred)