Responsible for preparing and reviewing loan documents, file review and data entry within an environment of high work volumes and established deadlines. Independently handles documentation and production tasks requiring knowledge of complex commercial lending documents, regulations, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform loan servicing activities such as preparing and reviewing loan documents, ensures that the documents requested comply with policy and that document packages are complete to minimize the risk of loss.
- Analyze collateral to ensure flood requirements meet regulation. Ensure loan closing packages meet bank policy prior to disbursing loan proceeds and completing data input. May also have responsibility for post-closing review.
- Responsible for understanding complex commercial loan products and documentation, regulation, policy and procedure changes and apply changes to work process. Seeks opportunities for process improvement.
- Identify and resolve exceptions through research and monitoring of system output.
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service, respond to requests including escalated problems and make recommendations to internal and external customers.
- May provide training to others.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- May perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma/GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in commercial loan servicing or equivalent experience.
- Possess advanced knowledge of commercial loans, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent math, analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of computer software including Word, Excel, loan servicing systems and other office equipment.
- Ability to work in a service oriented environment with high work volumes and deadlines.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment -- no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Limited travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled