Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Software Engineer opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Close Date: 8/4/2020
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements: The primary work location is 2261 Stevens, Richland Washington, as well as other Hanford Site work locations and WTCC locations. Location is subject to change. Work including meetings may also be conducted on the Hanford site at various locations.
The MSA IM organization requires Software Engineering support and specialization in support of various legacy, customized and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) applications.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions. Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems.
SES requires a senior software engineer to provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products.
Support and development will include .NET, and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and website applications.
The senior software engineer should be able to:
- Troubleshoot software production issues
- Design/develop SQL databases and establish interfaces
- Migrate data between systems
- Write and maintain complex database queries
- Develop using .NET technology, as well as other programming languages
- Understand and follow established Software Development Process
- Provide estimates
- Gather requirements from customers
- Develop technical documentation
- Act as liaison with external vendors for hardware/software support
- Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills
The senior software engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with project managers, and meet with customer subject matter experts as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT/related field OR a minimum of 10 years’ equivalent experience in computer application development OR a combination of education and work experience (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in a multi-platform environment
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in SQL or Oracle design
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in full stack software engineering projects using .NET technology
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Microsoft development tools
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Agile Framework
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using source control technology such as Team Foundation Server
- Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-project development environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to work during non-standard business hours
- 5-8 years’ experience using .NET technology
- 2-3 years’ experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience in the development of Hanford Site applications, systems and infrastructure
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TOP NOTCH BENEFITS
A comprehensive benefits package is available and can be structured to best suit your needs. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Software Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- SQL or Oracle: 8 years (Required)
- multi-platform: 8 years (Required)