Scope and Impact
- Examines and evaluates documents such as application forms, inspection reports, financial reports and other data to determine degree of risk, underwriting and market selection
- Communicates orally, by correspondence or in person with Openers, Processors, clients (as needed) and underwriters to obtain further information, quote rates, present proposals, and explain company underwriting policies
- Works with sales and support staff to structure and close deals
- Business relationship sales management skills and the ability to understand and anticipate the needs of respective business stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to review contingencies.
- Once approved, issue updated final underwriting approval with terms and assign to legal team/attorney
- Must be aware of institutional loan products and guidelines as they change and/or as we approve institutions
Decision Making Authority
- Keeps abreast of institutional Underwriting best practices, compliance and guidelines
- Evaluates proposals and agreements and provides recommendations to management.
- Acts as department manager in absence of Chief Underwriting officer
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least 3-5 years of experience in the Underwriting and credit analysis with at least 1 year of management and strategic experience in Underwriting
- Must meet the minimum requirement of 60 files cleared per month unless otherwise stated by the executive team
Job Type: Full-time