ECS is seeking a Documentation Specialist
to work in our Bethesda, MD
- Support the lead technical writer / configuration manager with reports and documentation updates as requested
- Update, edit, format, and QA existing standard operating procedures (SOPs), standard installation procedures (SIPs), test plans, user guides, administration guides, requirement documents, and other project documentation
- Develop new documentation (SOPs, SIPs, user guides, etc.) as needed
- Take meeting minutes for team meetings
- Manage the SharePoint document repository and all contract documentation within, acting as the single point of contact for documentation- Responsible for storage, cataloging and retrieval of documents.
- Manage and update the SharePoint wiki with updated process, point of contacts, and documentation information.
- Continue updating the employee HR process on the client’s site
- Participate in and complete staff education and training requirements
- Provide on/off site training to NBIMC’s authorized user community
- Ensure documentation reflects actual events, occurrences and accurately augments operating policies and procedures
- Complying with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996
- Maintain the integrity of working documents and update documentation when revised
- Responsible for document security, assigning access and removing and destroying obsolete documents
- English Degree
- Experience with Records Management and supporting applications; Ability to write and edit documents using tools such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Track-it; Prior use of technology and tools to creative effective documents; Working knowledge of industry standards and application of the current standards for dimensioning and tolerances; Flexible, adaptable, and capable of working with multiple priorities and diverse work styles.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
- Prior work in the military health environment, to include familiarization with HIPAA requirements.
- 2 years of experience.
- Basic knowledge of IT concepts and terms & familiarity with an IT/Network environment.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.