CALTEC Corporation is a General Contractor looking for a qualified Construction Superintendent to supervise the field construction of a project located in Bellflower, CA and to complete the work on schedule, within budget and to the quality of workmanship specified per plans and specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF SUPERINTENDENT:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, execution, monitoring, controlling and overall closure of construction projects.
- Helping the Project Manager oversee all site activities by any and all sub-trades each day.
- Be a representative on site.
- Develop interpersonal relationships with owners and architects.
- Must have a reasonably clear driving history and own a valid Driver's license.
- This is a Job-site position.
- This position does not require physical labor from the employee.
- Coordinate with trade contractors and vendors and ensure they progress according to the project documents and schedule.
- Assisting the Project Manager in various activities as needed - including driving to different locations.
- Help issue site documentation and review of any site changes and cost implications.
- Keeping track of on-site personnel and supervising daily sign-in sheet.
- Familiarize yourself with the project documents in order to foresee problems and minimize the schedule & financial impacts.
- Ability to read construction drawings is required.
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meet project quality standards.Ensure the all staff and contractors maintain a safe working environment according to company policies.Document the construction process and keep all parties informed on important issues
- Providing your own laptop to monitor and issue RFI's, Submittals and various correspondences required to complete a project.
- To establish and maintain an effective and harmonious working relationship with the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
- To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
- To assist the Project Manager and the Project Engineer in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- To plan and review the quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- To coordinate, direct, monitor, and inspect the activities of the Subcontractors, Suppliers and material.
- To see that all required safety notices are posted.
- To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- To chair weekly coordination meetings and weekly safety meetings with the subcontractors and to issue typewritten minutes to the Project Manager as a result thereof.
- To take Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- To prepare monthly Application for Payments and waivers as required and submit to the
- Owner and to see that they are promptly reviewed and approved by Owner and their representatives.
- To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public.
- To ensure that subcontractor enforces their safety programs including the holding of toolbox safety meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must have own Windows laptop. CALTEC will provide internet access.
- Must be able to get to the jobsite using your own vehicle.
- Background check required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working on Public Works construction projects.
- Bilingual candidate is a plus.
- Strong focus on schedule and skilled in documentation various stages of work.
- Certificates would be an asset. OSHA 10 or 30-hour training certificate is a plus.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification is a plus.
Compensation is negotiable.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract