HVACSr.HVAC Commissioning/Testing Engineer
At USL Technology, we are guided by a collective sense of purpose, an important differentiator in
attracting talent. Performance is the only route for us to remain competitive. We appreciate and recognize our enthusiastic buy-in to our core purpose backed by a powerful sense of collective pride and a respect for individual’s/your need to grow.
We are bonkers or shall be say maniacal about driving high performance, but we are also a family!
We continuously strive to deliver Smart Sustainable Solutions. We are a technology, sustainability and energy engineering consulting firm that focuses on a system thinking approach on high-performance building working with building owners, architects, contractors and design engineers to help owners comply with the local laws and deeper energy retrofit implementations.
Position summary: Are you passionate about building performance, sustainability and energy efficiency? Do you want to share this passion and help others invest in energy efficiency and renewable? Based in NYC, the
HVAC Commission Technician/Engineer will be responsible for all project management, engineering and specialist (installation/start-up) duties on assigned projects. As needed this position may be assigned as part of a larger project team with selected duties at the direction of the project manager. Design components of the position include all aspects of building automation systems using company tools and industry protocols.
This position requires work to be completed in both office and field locations.
This position will be based in Lower Manhattan/NYC. On the job training will be provided. The ideal candidate will be tasked with the following:
- OSHA 30 Certified REQUIRED
- Testing and balancing of air and hydronic systems
- REQUIRED: Performance testing of utility equipment: air handlers, chillers, pumps, boilers, cooling towers
- Troubleshoot faulty systems and provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Tabulate field data into summary report format
- Must be physically able and willing to conduct site inspections and field work (climb ladders, walk on roofs, etc.) Individuals with experience in any of the following are ideal candidates for the position: * Previous experience / schooling in HVAC balancing (TAB) or equipment maintenance * HVAC trade school participation
- Well rounded experience in HVAC, TAB, DDC controls and field troubleshooting.
- NEBB or AABC certification a plus (not required)
- Field experience with utility systems - boiler, chillers, cooling towers and pumps - or have equivalent knowledge gained through actual utility system operation at pharmaceutical, institutional, medical, education or housing facilities
- Knowledge of air and water distribution systems, ductwork and piping is desirable
- Performs start-up and installation tasks on controllers and equipment as needed.
- Field installs and troubleshoots all aspects of building control system.
- Oversees electrical installations of engineering designs.
- Coordinates all aspects of projects with all stakeholders.
- Fully responsible financially for project outcomes.
- Understands designs of building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and
damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Understands complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations,
DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, P2 or BACNET.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and System Specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Creates or oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Performs engineering estimates and deviations from plan when necessary.
- Participates in job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or vocational technical training required.
- 2-5 Years of HVAC controls experience. Education may be substituted for experience.
- Knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Office Software required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States..
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master's degree in mechanical, electrical or systems engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years engineering or installation experience in systems / controls / mechanical / electrical or other related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator, and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of HVAC, Chillers, Boilers, Heat Exchangers and other mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical systems
- Knowledge of networking protocols both industrial and commercial.
- Knowledge or programming techniques in an industrial setting.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
This position is open immediately.
P a g e | 1
85 BROAD ST, 28TH FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10004 | (866) 761-0940 | WWW.USLTECHNOLOGY.COM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,163.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- hvac: 2 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Professional development assistance
Company's Facebook page: