Part-time$12 - $13 an hour
- Time Management
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Excel
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Associate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
Full Job Description
FM Event Productions is seeking a highly organized and responsible office assistant with knowledge of Bookkeeping is an A+ to join our growing small business. In this position, you will perform clerical tasks, answer phones, and sort emails and other communications. To do well in this role you should have basic knowledge of Quickbooks software to take care of our business day to day financial task. Other duties will include assisting the business owners with preparing documents, organizing files, managing existing documents, and generally keeping the office organized, tidy, and running smoothly.
- Respond to telephone, email, walk-in, and website contact form inquiries, live chat with website visitors of prospective clients, communicate with event coordinators and planners, vendors, and other constituents.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Process account receivable and payable.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into Quickbooks.
- Handle monthly payroll using accounting Quickbooks.
- Respond to inquiries for reservations and book reservations.
- Correspond with clients to confirm reservations, to initiate prompt payment and/or to make special arrangements as requested or required; communicate those needs with the owner.
- Actively develop new sales leads
- Compile detailed activity reports to include: bookings, cancellations, deposits, payments, sales projections, and leads.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s degree preferred. Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including most Saturdays.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.
- General knowledge of marketing principles and techniques with the ability to assist with the development and implementation of an effective, results-driven promotional plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Quickbooks software.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $13.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Beltsville, MD 20705 (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)