At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal:
to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world's largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
We've built a high-performing Customer Success organization, and we're looking for an experienced Customer Success Leader to lead this team through Cloudflare's next phase of growth. This new leader will augment our existing organization by challenging assumptions, mapping customer journey pathways, further developing the team, enhancing our methodology to include a balance of retention and expansion, and ensuring operational excellence required to achieve measurable positive business outcomes for our customers and Cloudflare. This includes, but isn't limited to driving onboarding, adoption, retention, expansion, and advocacy. The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing and maturing Customer Success teams at high-growth technology companies, working across a wide range of customer types and industries.
What you'll do
As the leader of the Customer Success team, you will collaborate internally and externally to engage, measure and guide customers to Value Realization. You must be comfortable both consulting and negotiating across multiple client levels and possess a solid foundation and understanding of their business objectives. You will inspire and guide our team and our customers towards the adoption of Cloudflare's platform as the foundation of their network infrastructure.
Specific Responsibilities to Include:
- Lead an organization of Customer Success Managers globally who are responsible for driving measurable positive business outcomes, customer satisfaction and retention and expansion across our customer base.
- Oversee the strategy and planning for the entire customer lifecycle, and mapping it to the Customer Value Journey that focuses on defining, tracking and measuring business outcomes and value.
- Build the operating model and playbook to execute the Customer Success programs
- Execute an ongoing program for measuring Customer Satisfaction, building upon and improving the current efforts already in place.
- Define and mature an organizational structure for scale that does not sacrifice our high standard of excellence when providing support to customers.
- Manage, coach, and mentor a team of talented and ambitious Customer Success professionals.
- Hire and nurture talent into our Customer Success organization that is equipped to meet the demands of our rapidly evolving business and customer base.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on customer advocacy programs.
- Shape our Customer Success program commensurate to the level of effort required to drive customer satisfaction.
- Partner with the engineering, product, enablement, sales and technical support teams to ensure positive customer outcomes.
- Prioritize and funnel customer feedback to the Customer Experience and Product Management team to optimize the Whole Service experience with Cloudflare.
- Facilitating thought leadership, and establishing close relationships with executives
- Build relationships with key customers and influencers.
- Drive the executive sponsorship program to ensure tight connections and fast feedback loops with customers, influencers and the Cloudflare executives team.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Proven leader and motivator, with deep experience building and leading growing global customer success organizations.
- At least 15 years' experience in the SaaS/Cloud industry, with 10+ years in a leadership position in Customer Success.
- Successful track record of scaling teams across pre-IPO high-growth and large public company phases.
- Experience in organizations with a complex, strategic sale, where best practices AND technology define a customer's success.
- Significant experience working with large enterprises.
- Experience managing NPS and DNR in a high-growth environment.
- Exposure to Customer Success programs that focus on delivering measurable business outcomes and value.
- Has driven organizations through rapid growth and global expansion at scale, and understand the criticality of operational excellence.
- Experience working for a B2B SaaS company that has scaled successfully through rapid growth.
- Excellent people management skills; high empathy and consideration for team morale and individual career progression.
- Experience building and scaling world-class teams; experience hiring, on-boarding, and training.
- Previous experience with infrastructure technology. Bonus points for network infrastructure experience.
- Possess strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills and command credibility with senior executives
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog in difficult conversations.
- Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to lead business discussions with customers and architect the value of our solution
- Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front"
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Masters degree preferred.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We're not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We're a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/protecting-free-expression-online/ ): We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare's enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian ( https://www.cloudflare.com/athenian/ ): We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/tag/path-forward/ ): Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? We'd love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.