New England Orthotic and Prosthetic Systems, a world leader in the field has a vacancy for a Medical Office Administrative Assistant in our Stamford Office. The hours are flexible and the position will:
- Provide the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Obtain accurate insurance information, verification and pre-authorization.
- Process all billing daily, ensuring that claims are accurate, timely and fully documented.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and obtain credit agreements for outstanding balances.
- Apply payments and adjustments to patient accounts.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with the NEOPS Compliance Policies.
- Ensure the privacy and security of protected health information per HIPAA requirements.
- Assist with quality assurance to ensure patients satisfaction with services as necessary.
- Comply with the system of internal controls to ensure proper handling of cash receipts, including electronic medical record system.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail appropriately and in a timely manner.
- May compile weekly documentation packets per guidelines for approval.
- Coordinate scheduling of practitioner schedules to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
- Review clinician documentation to ensure that patients’ charts are complete.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with handicapped individuals.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology and a complete understanding of general office duties.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based office technologies and automated billing systems.
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional collection and reimbursement laws where applicable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent