The University of Pittsburgh’s Athletic’s Department is currently seeking a qualified Director of Softball Operations.
- Planning and administration of the Women’s Softball team
- Coordinating with appropriate staff the aspects necessary to operate a Softball program
- Coordinating all travel logistics (including aircraft, ground transportation, lodging and meals) for home and away contests
- Coordinating all logistical aspects for home and away practices and games for the team and staff
- Assists with all team-related events; Coordinating public service activities, including coordinating Softball camps
- Assists with tracking the academic performance and progress of the student-athletes
- Aids in housing needs for student-athletes
- Assists with recruiting, including mailings to prospective student-athletes and aiding in official visits
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach relating to the day-to-day operations of a Division I Softball program
Minimum Related Experience Level Required
3-5 years experience
Additional Education and/or Experience Essential to the Position
Master’s degree preferred. 1-2 years’ of coordinator or managerial experience or 1-2 years of experience working or playing in college and/or professional Softball; In-depth knowledge of collegiate Division I Softball
Child Protection Clearances
The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check.
Scheduled Work Hours
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If Varied Work Schedule, Please Specify
Work schedule may vary due to practices, games and events
If Part Time, Actual Standard Weekly Hours
The University offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package for all full-time and part-time regular employees including:
• Education benefits and a retirement plan with employer match
• Group medical insurance, life insurance, and optional vision and dental insurance
• Free transit service within Allegheny County for employees of the Oakland campus (Port Authority Transit)
• Time off benefits including vacation, sick and personal time