Clearway Energy, Inc. is a leading publicly-traded energy infrastructure investor focused on modern, sustainable and long-term contracted assets across North America. Clearway Energy’s environmentally-sound asset portfolio includes over 7,000 megawatts of wind, solar and natural gas-fired power generation facilities, as well as district energy systems. Through this diversified and contracted portfolio, Clearway Energy endeavors to provide its investors with stable and growing dividend income. Clearway Energy’s Class C and Class A common stock are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols CWEN and CWEN.A, respectively. Clearway Energy, Inc. is sponsored by its controlling investor, Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), an independent infrastructure fund manager that invests in infrastructure and businesses in both OECD and select emerging market countries, through GIP’s portfolio company, Clearway Energy Group. For more information, visit www.clearwayenergy.com.
The Sales & Marketing Manager will identify, propose and close new District Energy (DE) sales opportunities, in both new and existing buildings, for existing and emerging DE systems in the Pittsburgh region. Identify, prospect and cultivate opportunities in other areas or municipalities as assigned. Establish strong relationships with the downtown community stakeholders (economic development and government agencies, community leaders, commercial developers, architects, engineers, and contractors), prospects and customers.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Profitably sell district energy offerings and services to targeted end-use markets. Identify and qualify sales prospects, including cold-calling, make effective presentations, and close sales within an acceptable time frame.
- Establish business relationships with existing customers and develop working relationship, continue to educate clients regarding benefits of District Energy, and resolve any business issues.
- Establish relationships with building owners and operators, developers, engineering and architectural firms and government agencies to identify early phase project opportunities.
- Build and maintain customer pipeline; eliminate unviable candidates. Maintain accurate and timely forecast that is kept up to date as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Perform energy and economic analysis, pricing and proposal preparation and presentations.
- Lead negotiations with clients, including preparation of contracts and possible structuring of financing solutions.
- Create client proposals demonstrating the economic and operating value propositions that being supplied by District Energy provides.
- Give or coordinate presentations to individuals and groups of decision makers on advantages of District Energy.
- Manage entire development process from project identification, proposal, gaining client and internal approvals, engineering design, contracting structure, legal contracts, and finally through construction and operation.
- Identify, implement and manage marketing strategy to develop brand awareness and increase sales opportunities.
- Actively seek out and recommend new products and services that increase profitability of existing and new customers.
- Develop and execute customer outreach functions.
- Participate in various community, municipal, professional and social organizations for the purpose of building of relevant relationships and promoting company goals and objectives.
- Provide excellence in customer service.
- Provide as-needed administrative and supervisory support to General Manager and balance of management team on an occasional basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, business, construction or related field and 5 or more years outside consultative sales experience. Experience in the energy, utility, facility management, or commercial construction industries strongly preferred.
- Superior analytical, organizational, negotiating and interpersonal communication skills.
- Display a basic understanding of commercial heating, air-conditioning and ventilating systems.
- Ability to work with various customer industries including hotel, medical, educational, entertainment, commercial, residential and public-use buildings.
- Proven track record of developing and closing new customer sales.
- Knowledge of governmental, legal, and environmental regulations as well as community and political implications that impact new business development. Knowledge of buildings, customers or developers in district energy target markets beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write proposals and give presentations appropriate for various organizational levels as well as ability to effectively perform within a matrix organizational environment.
- Strong business and financial savvy with the ability to support a high performance organization that will deliver operational excellence and meet or exceed financial targets.
- Proven planning and project management capabilities.
- Uses discretion concerning confidential and sensitive company information.
- Team player; able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Successful candidate should be strong user of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Have adept computer skills to navigate as number of proprietary database programs as well as CRM systems (such as ACT!, Salesforce, or other)
- Ability to frequently travel within Pittsburgh region with occasional travel to other locations for professional networking, trade shows, or Company meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)