Co-located in Boston, Massachusetts and Brighton, Massachusetts, Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) is an innovative non-profit organization with a dedicated and talented workforce of 118 employees. We implement and evaluate upward mobility programs and work directly with low-income families and in low-income communities throughout the state, nation, and world.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES OPPORTUNITY
EMPath is a highly innovative organization in the forefront of poverty disruption in the United States. Diverse intellectual talent acquisition, staff advancement, and engaging retention practices are the spine of our organizational success---a success heavily reliant on continuous learning and collaborative action. The HR Director's strategy for finding talent in new ways, for current and future needs, is critical.The HR director is thus a strategic force, trusted expert, and advisor within EMPath and reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Astute and timely talent acquisition
- Careful assessment of extant staffing patterns, staff planning, and performance management
- New Hire Benefits Administration
- Use and management of ADP to create efficiencies
- Ensure the performance management process is consistent, effective and enhanced
- Make and evaluate strategic recommendations for compensation structures
- Participate in the development of hiring managers
- Ensure certain workplace standards are met, and that employee concerns and requests are addressed
- Develop interactive onboarding systems
- Participate in and offer strategic leadership in retention
- Serve as an astute information resource to both employees and senior management
- Work with leadership to solve challenges related to health and safety needs
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on the thoughtful but timely identification of new talent to fill key organizational roles
- Acquire an excellent understanding of how EMPath operates
- Reduce hiring lag from posting to staff orientation
- Management of HR direct report
- Adhere to reporting requirements, including EEO and OSHA, among others
- Periodically update Personnel Handbook and Job Descriptions
- Review Exit interview data and synthesize findings by department
- Periodically communicate findings of Exit Interview data to E-Team, COO, VPs, directors, etc.
- CORI policy/implementation
- Review of job classifications
- Work closely with legal counsel as necessary
- Provide support for aspiring professionals
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- BS or BA degree is required--MA is preferred; HR Certification is required.
- At least five to ten years of job experience in Human Resources with significant recruitment management and supervisory experience.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Good problem solving and sound decision making skills
- Self-awareness and capacity to serve as an exemplar
- Evidence of urgency and capacity to hire diverse talent and help cultivate a healthy workplace culture.
- Keen awareness of and respect for the EMPath mission and brand
- Highly collaborative and trustworthy
- Conciseness and correctness of expression in oral and written English Communication
- Advance Use of Computer (Microsoft Excel and Graphics)
- Knowledge of Data Systems Integration and Data Analysis
- Knowledge of ADP is preferred
- Working Knowledge of Employment Law
- Collaborative Personality
- Working Knowledge of Spanish (desirable)
PHYSICAL DEMAND/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment. Travel within Boston area locations may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Senior Human Resources Management: 5 years (Required)
- working in non-profit setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- recruiting: 1 year (Preferred)
- human resources certification (Preferred)