Candidates starting salary will be between $18.66 - $22.86/hr
Full pay range:
$18.66 - $27.07
This schedule will be five (5) days per week for four (4) hours per day. It will be set for mornings or afternoons based on the final candidate's availability.
Under direct supervision, provides administrative and technical support to the Sachse Economic Development Corporation (EDC) by organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Provides support and assistance to internal and external customers regarding EDC functions and activities. This position requires technical knowledge and background in high level clerical support. This position does not supervise other positions and performs related work as required.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Examples of Duties:
Essential Job Functions:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Provides administrative support by preparing and reviewing correspondence, reports, forms, schedules, presentations, construction documents, and other materials for accuracy and proper format. Schedules appointments, books meeting rooms, and distributes mail. Prepares and proofreads reports, prepares and distributes mail, completes other clerical duties as needed.
- Provides customer service by answering a multi-line telephone, greeting and assisting walk up customers, and responding to email. Greets and assists visitors during meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates luncheons and business outreach events.
- Provides department support with accounts payable and purchasing functions by creating and processing invoices, check requests, requisitions, and purchases orders; assigning account codes, submitting paperwork for payments; maintaining account balances; and reconciling P-cards. Obtains bids in occordance with purchasing guidelines and schedules travel for EDC staff.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets to track project expenses, maintain budget, and other information as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations and agenda items for meetings.
- Maintains records and databases by creating, updating and maintain files and records, creating and maintaining databases, obtaining and entering information into databases, compiling and preparing information for reports and researching or searching for information in files and databases. Serves as the Records Liaison for the department's Records Management Program.
- Assembles, researches and summarizes information from various sources and prepares special or recurring reports for EDC CEO.
- Develop and maintain automated tracking systems, organizes, establishes and maintains record keeping system for department correspondence, documents, materials or records as needed.
- Responsible for oversight and management of special projects as assigned by the EDC CEO.
- Coordinates and processes purchases for department which includes initiating and tracking purchase orders and orders received.
- Assists in updating the website by reviewing content for accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintains and organizes office supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, through clear, concise documents/reports. Comprehensive knowledge of Business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic; modern office practices and procedures including record keeping methods.
- Ability to use computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe, and other applicable database/scheduling/report writing tools.
- Ability and desire to learn and master additional computer software as necessary for the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations and reports for use by the Department Director and Department Manager.
- Skill in providing customer service to internal and external customers, including the general public.
- Knowledge or research, analysis, interpretation and report development of complex administrative issues including legal, financial and survey data.
- Skill in preparing, editing, and developing responses to politically sensitive and/or confidential correspondence.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines for special projects as assigned.
- Ability to work as a team with other departments in the accomplishment of work tasks.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and use rational judgment in making work-related decisions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible technical/administrative support experience; preferably in a municipal environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing and vision to monitor.
- May be subject to occasional bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting such as retrieving or replacing files, documents and records.
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, phone, copier, calculator, fax machine and standard office equipment.