Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine's list of America's Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture, and opportunity of a start-up, along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we're not salespeople. At Carvana, we've made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers. From our searchable showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and warranty packages. With delivery possible to the buyer's driveway in 24 hours or pick-up available from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car that we pass on to our customers.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video company introduction video. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dpBRp0-_w )
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you'll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO, Ernie.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR….
A Corporate Paralegal to join a rapidly growing organization. You will report to Carvana's Corporate Counsel and work closely with Carvana's legal, financial reporting, finance, and executive teams. Ideally, you should have at least 5 years of relevant experience as a paralegal within a law firm or public company.
The ideal candidate must have familiarity with and interest in corporate governance with strong organizational skills and a particular focus on supporting the legal department in finance, M&A, and capital markets transactions.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE...
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Oversight of corporate governance and maintenance of Carvana's entities and corporate records.
- Managing preparation of materials for Board of Directors and Board committee meetings.
- Preparing reports and drafting Board of Directors and Board committee meeting minutes, correspondences, documents and other legal forms.
- Drafting corporate documents, such as bylaws, operating agreements, corporate resolutions, secretary's certificates, and affidavits.
- Assisting in due diligence and related support on Carvana's strategic transactions, including capital financings, M&A, and structured finance.
- Assisting in administration of Carvana's equity plan, including preparation of award agreements and Section 16 filings.
- Performing other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- A Paralegal Certificate is preferred but is not a prerequisite.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Corporate Paralegal.
- Experience with Board and committee meeting preparation.
- Experience supporting a legal department 's corporate transactions.
- Experience with or desire to learn equity plan management and Section 16 reporting.
- Knowledge of a business life cycle.
- Demonstrated proficiency and desire to be an integral part of a fast-paced team that takes on challenging and complex projects.
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves.
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.