Please note: Do not call about this job. You must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered, as well as the assessment. Only local (to SF Bay Area) candidates will be considered.
The role of the Admin/Studio Assistant at Corduroy Media is to assist in the daily operations of the studio, its staff, production gear and to support producers and creative directors in the production of projects. It is also expected that the Assistant is responsible for helping to foster and support a collaborative, creative, cohesive and safe workplace.
List of Admin/Studio Assistant responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and check phone messages frequently.
- Receive visitors and mail
- Update contact information and job info into project management software
- Maintain vehicles
- Keep all internal systems in good working order - computer, internet, alarm, grounds.
- Communicate/Liaison with housekeeping.
- Keep facility in clean condition and working order - paying special attention on days when we have a client guest.
- Ordering and providing in-studio kraft for staff and freelancers.
- Providing special items on client days.
- Work with the Controller on the accounts payable process by collecting and updating W9 information in Quickbooks and entering invoices for vendors, freelance crew and post-production Contractors in Quickbooks. Ensure that all invoice amounts are correct and justified expenditures. Track payable invoices through the payment process.
- Process all release forms
- Purchase new gear, computer and other essentials for Corduroy Media
- Ordering office and other supplies
- Assist producers and directors to coordinate production schedules, calendars, crew, talent, locations, catering, and resources
- Conduct research
- Book travel
- Research shoot locations
- Arrange conference calls
- Assist with wardrobe
- Mock-up set design, source set decoration and props (purchases and returns)
- Research and make casting calls, schedule auditions, hold auditions
- Coordinate & source crew, talent, and gear for productions, create call sheets.
- Learn new applications and skills to add to the Corduroy Media production resources
- Help pack and unpack gear for shoots.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oakland, CA 94612 (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules