Assistant Manager Job Summary
The Assistant Manager manages the restaurant in the Store Manager’s absence. They bring Positive Energy each day to Build and Inspire our team, while making Subway a fun place for our customers, too. They supervise daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. You will assist the Store Manager with hiring, training, and scheduling of team members. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Exceptional guest service skills are a major component of this position. Must be ServSafe Certified or have the ability to get certified.
- Perform all task and responsibilities of a Shift Manager as outlined in Shift Manager job description.
- Manages a staff of approximately 5 to 14. Assigns, oversees, and evaluates work. Recommends promotions, transfers, or counseling of employees. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations.
- Coaches and develops all team members to effectively execute systems.
- Enthusiastically greet all guests with a hearty "Welcome to Subway" when they enter the restaurant.
- Have fun and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Strive to exceed guest service standards by providing fast, friendly, accurate service.
- Foster guest loyalty by making Subway their 1st choice for lunch.
- Actively participate in training, scheduling, & supervising of team members. (Assist Store Manager)
- Assist Store Manager with building Catering sales. Follow up on Catering orders and maintain relationships with catering clients.
- Understand & verify accuracy of bread counts, temperature logs, and end of day and start of day reports. Enter inventories, comprehend, and submit reports as needed.
- Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Supervises food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained while reducing waste.
- Accurately perform weekly inventory counts and transmit files to HQ on time as needed.
- Ability & Flexibility to work 40 to 50 hours/week on any shift including morning, afternoon, & evenings, including weekends.
- Make daily bank deposits as needed and maintain change fund.
- Must have their own transportation to make catering deliveries or trips to the bank when necessary.
- Place Food order & enter deliveries in register on delivery day
- Completes online coursework on the University of SUBWAY® as directed
- Accept phone calls from employees on a part time basis (as needed).
- Assist Store Manager in recruitment efforts.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience in QSR or Fast Casual environment (1 to 2 years), supervisory experience a plus.
- Some high school or equivalent
- Requires excellent communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of employees.
- Computer knowledge is desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive hospitality and inspire others to do so.
- Team oriented, adaptable, dependable, and strong work ethic
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
- Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday.
- Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive Pay as well as some bonuses
- Discounted University tuition rates
- No grills & no fryers.
- Free Employee Meals & food discounts
- In addition to competitive pay you get to work in a spacious SUBWAY with new décor, awesome satellite music, and a 40” flat screen TV. This location also features a convenient Drive-Thru.
- Employee Referral Rewards
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.50 to $11.00 /hour
- supervisory: 1 year
- retail: 1 year
Required work authorization: