- Nonprofit Experience
- Grant Writing
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Development Staff
STATUS: Exempt Regular Full Time (37.5 hrs/week)
PURPOSE: This position reports to and works in partnership with the Executive Director to lead the development team at ReWA. The Director of Development is responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of fundraising activities to support the agency’s growth and budgetary goals. The Development of Development will lead the agency’s development plan with special attention to government and foundation grants, corporate support, individual and major gifts, in–kind contributions, special events, and media marketing campaigns.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies, including donor cultivation, securing gifts from individual donors, personal solicitation, major donor campaigns, and direct mail.
- Develop strategies to secure new funding sources.
- Develop, coordinate, and submit agency grant proposals to foundations and corporate and government funder; develop and maintains the agency grant calendar.
- Work with the executive director to analyze monthly development activity and evaluate fundraising strategies and goals on an ongoing basis.
- Supervise comprehensive marketing and public relations strategies, including agency’s newsletters, annual report, general boilerplate for outreach material, branding, website, and social media sites.
- Supervise Development staff in tracking and processing donations and grants; preparing monthly fundraising reports; operating fundraising events; and supporting grant development.
- In conjunction with ReWA’s senior staff and grant writers research, develop and manage grant applications to private and public sources to fulfill agency and programs’ funding needs.
- Write and submit reports to non-governmental funding sources in collaboration with program staff; work with programs to develop program specific fundraising plans.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develop and manage Board’s fundraising capacity.
- Participate in annual budget planning process by creating income projections and assessing budgetary goals.
- Provide the Development staff with clarity in role and responsibility, mentorship, and professional
development. Train and lead other staff to support development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years fundraising and development experience and three years in management level in a non-profit agency with an annual budget of 5-10 million.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue budget/targets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to write persuasively.
- Excellent research and grant writing capabilities.
- Strong grant writing skills.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and monitor a development plan.
- Experience working with government, foundations and corporate grants; major and individual donors; special events; and marketing and media.
- Strong computer skills, database skills, and web competency.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter, motivator and implementer with excellent leadership, teambuilding, and team ethics; able to work independently.
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage staff; able to provide direction, mentoring and professional development.
- Ability to work in a multiethnic environment; sensitivity to and respect for diverse cultures.
- Ability to work effectively with Board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to work in a fast-paced environment.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 403(b) plan
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Fundraising and Development: 3 years (Required)