Mission Statement: In the tradition of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth our mission is to support and nurture families by providing essential services designed to empower families to fulfill their role in church and society. This is accomplished by maintaining the health and safety of children at all times in a nurturing environment.
Responsibilities by Function:
- Upholds the mission and values of The Community at Holy Family Manor, Inc. and the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth in implementing the goals and objectives of the Learning Center programs.
- Writes and implements a daily lesson plan to accomplish goals and objectives
- Completes all requisite paperwork, i.e., attendance sheets.
- Attends parent conferences to keep informed and relate important information. Attends 12-hour training sessions in childcare to fulfill the state required mandate and continue professional growth.
- Manages the childcare room in an orderly manner, and provides a safe, healthy and happy environment.
- Collaborates with the administration and staff to ensure quality programming.
- Supervises meals, nap time and self-help skills to provide an environment where children develop good health habits.
- Supervises nature walks, indoor/outdoor creative play, and organized group games to help develop fine and gross motor skills, cooperation and pro-social skills.
- Performs additional tasks as defined by the Director of the Learning Center and Assistant Director.
Skills and Attributes:
- Creative and innovative, and able to participate in teamwork.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for infants and children.
- Ability to provide basic nutrition and hygiene services for infants and children.
- Must be creative and innovative, and able to participate in teamwork.
- Child supervision skills including the ability to be constantly alert and anticipate and prevent trouble, deal effectively with disruptive children, and provide fair but firm discipline.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 years’ experience working with children
- Basic knowledge of child cognitive, social and skills development methods and techniques
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Act 33/34 and FBI clearances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time-management skills
- Ability to read, write and follow simple oral and written instructions
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
- Ability to work in collaborative team and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change with or without notice.
The Community of Holy Family Manor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
All employees are required to wear a mask within our facilities.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pittsburgh, PA 15229: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 2 years (Required)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location