Dominion Voting is searching for a Software Product Specialist II to join our team in Phoenix, AZ! This position be responsible delivering a wide variety of technical and non-technical customer support services related to the implementation, operation, repair, maintenance and upgrades of Dominion Voting Systems technology products. This role works closely with customers, co-workers, and election officials to ensure all pre- and post-election day activities are successfully executed.
- Develop expertise in the use, maintenance, repair and application of Dominion Voting’s technology products.
- Provide customer support on-site, or via telephone and/or email for pre- and post-election systems testing; software upgrades; system troubleshooting; RMA’s, and maintenance of voting system.
- Assist with new system implementations, product upgrades, and firmware upgrades.
- Apply understanding of the integration between the software and hardware technologies in order to successfully configure hardware, such as servers and Dominion’s proprietary software technology.
- Deliver training to colleagues, temporary staff, and/or customers on products and procedures.
- Support pre-election programming, to include working with customers to define and program election and ballot definitions.
- Work with Engineering & Certification to perform functional testing and trials for new and existing products to ensure products meet standards.
- Contribute to various jurisdictional certification efforts of products, as needed.
- Document and report all hardware and software anomalies and issues system; as well as develop practical field solutions to common problems.
- Adhere to local, state, and federal rules and regulations that pertain to the operation of election systems.
- Other assigned tasks/responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ of experience providing software technical support directly to customers, to include in-person, onsite, via telephone and/or email.
- Elections industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and applications.
- Knowledge of general database applications (SQL) and the interaction of those applications with external systems.
- Solid understanding of hardware and software, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers, officials, and colleagues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively present technical training to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated success working both independently and as part of team in a fast-paced, dynamic company.
- Strong organizational skills to include multi-tasking and effective time management.
- Ability to work unconventional hours from time-to-time (more than 8 hours/day, nights and on weekends).
- Ability to travel frequently, up to 60% of the time or more, depending on projects and assignments.
Dominion Voting Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time