FoodMaven is seeking to hire a dynamic, entrepreneurially spirited, people and systems-oriented Operations Coordinator. This individual acts as the command center for the daily operations of a meat processing facility team. The Operations Coordinator will be friendly, direct, driven, organized, and adaptable. Further, s/he will be highly skilled at team communication, production scheduling, inbound and outbound transportation coordination, and customer relations. Above all, the Operations Coordinator will be passionate about developing processes, process improvement, while learning and stewarding the success of the organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be the “command center” for a meat production facility
- Capture customer orders and accurately record in the system
- Translate customer orders into production schedule
- Work closely with production supervisor to ensure accuracy
- Capture and report production metrics
- Coordinate inbound and outbound transportation
- Provide Customer Support to address customer exceptions
- Cross-reference bills of lading with purchase orders and report discrepancies
- Input inbound inventory into inventory management system
- Communicate effectively across teams with Supply, Finance, Sales, Customer Support, etc. to coordinate operations
- Address team member issues as they arise
- Improve processes to reduce errors
- Be punctual, hours vary M-F; some days may require a 4 am start.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Operations Coordination. Able to quickly and effectively determine requirements and then turn those requirements into actions by clearly communicating needs across teams.
- Team Player. Form effective working relationships to collaborate across finance, production, distribution, sales, customer support, and supply teams.
- Communication: Clearly and politely communicate verbally (in person and on the telephone) and in writing to confirm needs and outcomes of internal teams and external partners.
- Organization: Highly organized individual who can handle multiple streams of information and clearly convert that information into action.
- Calm Under Pressure: Work effectively in a fast-paced environment without becoming overwhelmed.
- Technology Savvy: Ability to quickly learn new technology systems and switch between systems to coordinate actions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in a fast-paced operations role
- Experience working in a food processing plant
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Processing: 1 year (Required)