AAA South Jersey – Voorhees, NJ Roadside Assistance Tow/Battery Truck Driver - $2500 Signing Bonus!
AAA South Jersey is offering a $2500 SIGNING BONUS for full time drivers who join our Roadside Assistance team in Voorhees, NJ for applications received and hired until 6/30/22.
Come be a part of a team with over 100 years of experience and tradition - AAA South Jersey! We are an organization committed to totally satisfying our members, the motoring public and the communities we serve.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our Fleet Team, located in Voorhees, New Jersey. This position will work in a four-county area: Camden, Gloucester, Cumberland and Salem.
Currently we are looking for:
· Tow Truck Driver
· Light Service/Battery Technician
Days and hours to be discussed and based on business need.
All positions are required to work holidays, when scheduled.
$2500 Signing bonus. This bonus will be paid in two installments. The first $500 will be paid after reaching 45 days of employment, successfully completing training, and have no disciplinary warnings issued. The second installment will be paid after reaching 90 days of employment and having no disciplinary warnings issued.
A competitive base rate, starting at $18.00 per hour
· Quarterly incentive bonuses (potential to make up to $900 per quarter)
· Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) and Paid Company Holidays
· Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Free life insurance and long-term disability coverages
· Free AAA Membership
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Uniforms and tools provided
The primary responsibility include providing emergency roadside assistance to Club members and non-members. The position will operate a flatbed/tow truck vehicle or a light service vehicle. Services provided include flat tire replacement, jump starts, battery replacement, lock-out, air delivery, gas and towing services. Driver will diagnose the problem with the primary goal of getting the member back on the road. Drivers should have knowledge of AAA products and services as well as some light mechanical knowledge and/or tow experience. Focus on response time, member satisfaction, safety, security, and quality standards are critical to the success of this role.
· Must be at least 23 years old
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s licenses and maintain all state and local licensing requirements
· Knowledge of automotive repair and service techniques
· Knowledge of towing procedures and practices
· Knowledge of our four-county coverage area
· Excellent customer service and communication skills
· Communicate effectively in writing, verbally, via email and using assigned technology such as GPS (Global Positioning Systems).
· Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 75 pounds; bending, kneeling and balancing to inspect cars and change tires five to ten minutes at a time; and pushing on occasion.
· Exposure to noise from traffic, two-way radio on a daily basis. Must be physically able to drive assigned vehicle.
· Satisfactory pre-and post-employment screening results, including criminal, drug and motor vehicle screening.
· Must agree to submit to drug testing (pre-hire, post incident & periodic).
· Required to pass a physical examination as required by the Department of Transportation or AAA South Jersey
· Previous experience operating a tow truck a plus.
· Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
· Ability to work in various weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location