The Senior ETL Developer will be responsible for the Business Objects Data Services ETL components of universe design, creation, and population. This ETL Consultant will interact heavily with both the Data Modeler and the Business Objects Report Developers. This individual must be able to apply system solutions to business problems and must have proven project life-cycle documentation skills; e.g., functional user requirements, technical requirements, testing documentation, and participate in the business reports design and development.
- Administration and maintenance of the EDW production and development environments.
- Production source system analysis, logical and physical database design and implementation.
- Assist in the troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving of complex Business Object problems.
- Transform defined business requirements into data model, and EDW ETL process, and implement them rapidly and accurately.
- Development of processes, operating procedures and standards in support of ETL functionality.
- Participate in business reports development and maintenance.
- Document and conduct peer review and code walk-through of any ETL changes, and follow standard process for production implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience authoring ETL using Business Objects Data Services (BODS) OR 7 years’ of experience in ETL development with other ETL tools.
- Proficiency with dimensional and relational modeling, especially as it applies to data marts and warehouses.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, self directed, accountable and a great team player.
- Experience authoring and tuning SQL.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance.