#22408 - Senior Algorithm Engineer :
Mountain View, CA 94043
Our client has recently decided to branch into the US market by creating an office in Mountain View, CA. With offices in Beijing and Hefei this company is truly globally sprawling. They have been rated within the top 3 smartband and wearables companies in the world with a $300M valuation by Banyan Capital, Sequoia Capital and Morningside Ventures. The first product was launched in August of 2014 and to date 13 million bands have been shipped. On top of that they are developing next generation wearable technology, building up partnerships with third party software/hardware/service providers, and delivering best products worldwide.
The ideal candidate will process and analyze sensor signals like accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, GPS, barometer, infrared, light, PPG, GSR etc. They will have a large part in researching and developing mobile sensing algorithms for human wellness and fitness applications, such as step counting, activity recognition, location sensing, sleep detection, heart rate monitoring, mental state analysis, hand gesture recognition, sports gait analysis etc. They will research and develop machine learning algorithms across a large number of mobile users to perform pattern recognition and user behavior analysis, such as sleeping quality analysis, running data mining, mobile data validation modeling etc. Candidates will d evelop and implement algorithms into firmware and software, build the prototype and demonstrate the algorithms' performance as a proof of concept. They will generate high-quality technical documents, such as algorithm design specifications and invention reports. And finally, they will collaborate with other team members from firmware, hardware, App and backend teams to accomplish the product goals together.
- Master degree is required; Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- 3+ years' experience after graduation is desired.
- Proficient in C/C++ and Java, experience with Python or MATLAB is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in statistical signal processing, pattern recognition, and machine learning is required.
- Experience with Android/iOS application development is required.
- Experience with big data platforms, such as Hadoop or Spark, is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills, good team player.
Willard Thomas/Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter, IT Sales & Marketing