*Please note: This position is TEMP TO HIRE - The hours are FULL-TIME but this position is not permanent!
Who We Are:
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home décor and other personalized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
Expected to work 8 hours per day and potentially up to 10 hours during peak holiday seasons.
The Product Coordinator is responsible for supporting tasks associated with bringing products to life and ensuring an item is at an acceptable producible state. This role works closely with Item Implementation Specialists, Merchandising, Creative, Operations and IT to ensure that new product samples are created in a timely manner and that all new products are set up in the production process prior to going live on customer facing websites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Item Implementation Specialist with new item set up using InDesign.
- Edit product images in Photoshop to help guide the production floor by replicating final product images using automated templates in InDesign
- Assist in creating necessary files/packages and uploading to DaVinci for new items to supply to the Personalization Preview team and maintains existing files to ensure most up to date information is on record.
- Assist with BOM (work order) image preview
- Request and manage sample stock
- Assist in producing samples for new products using production equipment as needed
- Assist in creating fixtures for production needs.
- Document and report production issues and investigate resolutions
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Technical Support, IT, Quality Control, Inventory Control, Merchandising, Sourcing, Creative and Operations departments.
- Provides excellent service to all internal and external customers.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have experience with MS Office, such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must have experience with Google Suite apps, such as Sheets and Docs, as well as Gmail account required
- Experience and hands on knowledge of graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.) is required.
- Must have solid verbal and written communication skills to be utilized with cross-functional teams and managerial personnel within the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently re-prioritize duties based on business needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Prioritize projects based on business needs
- Be a self-starter that can work with minimal supervision and guidance
- Maintain organization
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Work with a high degree of accuracy while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Use problem solving skills to drive quick response to production issues
- Handle constructive criticism in a professional environment
- Must operate with integrity, mutual respect and teamwork, dependability and ownership.
- Maintains a dedicated commitment to customer service.
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (xml code) as well as familiarity in the use of scripts and automated processes in InDesign a plus.
- Project management course(s) and/or experience a plus.
- New Product Introduction experience a plus.
- Large Scale Printing and Color Management experience a plus.
The Product Coordinator works in an environment that is characteristic of a typical warehouse environment. They will work in a cubicle or office setting but will be required to coordinate with warehouse/production employees.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree in Graphic Design, Supply Chain/Operations or Operations Engineering required.
How To Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Production Coordinator position may be for you! Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio - We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
- RELEVANT PRODUCT: 2 years (Required)