The Cox Business Channel Sales Manager secures, manages and retains external, independent sales contractors/agents to represent and sell Cox Business within a specified geographic area.
The position works in an office setting with customer visits and sales ride-alongs. The role is part of a budget-driven, sales organization; pressure to meet ambitious sales goals and will involves people management and complexity. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to customers’ locations within the system is an expectation of the role.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential functions of the role include leadership, planning and coordination, communication, administration, and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- Recruits, qualifies, and selects Agents (including Retail Agents). Negotiates standard Agent Agreements ensuring their financial soundness. Tracks Agent Agreements to Expiration, ensuring compliance and determining whether Agents (including Retail Agents) should be renewed at the end of the Agreement period.
- Conducts reviews to ensure that agents meet performance standards and, if not, takes immediate action to improve performance level
- Coaches and develops sales agents to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets for revenue growth, productivity, quality and optimization of customer satisfaction within assigned area.
- Works with local training coordinator and Cox Business Services Atlanta to ensure the training needs of the Agents (including Retail Agents) are met.
- Serves as a subject matter expert or advisor on selected customer sales and handles issues escalated by team members.
- Implements channel programs and policies as directed by corporate leadership
- Ensures customer satisfaction through timely installation of products/services sold by Agents (including Retail Agents).
- Develops appropriate territories and assigns accounts to appropriate sales Agents and manages channel portfolio effectively to avoid potential conflicts with other sales team members.
- Coordinates marketing materials and messages provided to Agents (including Retail Agents), ensuring that they include and/or correspond with corporate/regional marketing materials and messages.
- Sets sales goals (quotas plus key sales objectives) and other defined sales metrics, based on corporate/regional sales goals for assigned market.
- Develops account forecasts and manages Agents to achieve maximum revenue while maintaining profitability.
- Responds to Agent (including Retail Agent) inquiries regarding installation timeliness and related issues.
- Coordinates sales efforts and continuously updates Agents (including Retail Agents) on changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
- Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the local system, and across systems. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
- Works with Director of Sales to manage the system’s channel portfolio effectively, and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Business and Cox Communications departments to ensure high quality customer service (e.g., Order Entry, Sales Engineers, etc.)
- Assists Agents by to setting up orders for installation and tracking and coordinating installations (depending on system resources).
- Reviews and approves sales presentations, rate sheets, disconnects and chargebacks to Agents (including Retail Agents), ensuring that they are reconciled appropriately and in compliance with corporate/regional guidelines.
- Coordinates payments to Agents (including Retail Agents), ensuring that they are in concurrence with Agent Agreements.
- Prepares regular expense reports and controls expenses while meeting or exceeding corporate revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
- Attends job-related training and informally remains current on technical information regarding Cox’s telephony, data, and video products and offerings, and sales through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 3 years’ business-to-business consultative outside sales experience preferred with quotas
- Requires 6 months’ work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in building relationships, building the sales team, business sales skills, champions adaptability, coaches and develops, oral communication, demonstrates business acumen, continuous learning, making sales operations decisions, PC skills, and promotes accountability to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 3 years’ successful experience in agent sales, recruitment and management
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cox Communications, Inc.
US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Yes, 25 % of the Time