McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson High Volume Solutions, we provide pharmacies with the technology based solutions used to manage their workflow and business operations. These include central pharmacy automation solutions and services that help to provide better care, better business and better results.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson High Volume Solutions you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies to patients. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's High Volume Solutions division has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer in our Malvern, PA office.
Software engineers within McKesson High Volume Solutions create, deploy, and support software for managing large, semi-automated pharmacies at sites across the US. Successful senior engineers understand the full software stack from low-level control of robots and conveyor systems, through controllers and databases, and up to UI and web services. Senior software engineers lead development of major new features and provide support for major customers. As part of Software Leadership, they set the direction for engineering methodologies including tools, testing, and processes.
4+ years experience in software engineering
• 7+ years experience as a professional software developer
• C#, Web Services Development, WPF
• ASP.net (MVC) core
• Experience in Visual C++ or C++
• Experience in relational databases (IBM DB2 or SQL Server or Oracle)
• Expertise developing multi-threaded and distributed applications
• Comfortable with real-time, multi-threading process control applications
• Object Oriented Design principles
• Windows development experience
• Experience with Client Server architecture
• Professional demeanor suitable for customer interactions
• Considerable problem-solving aptitude.
• Experience with software tools and methodologies such as Git, Jenkins, TDD, and automated testing
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• STL and MFC
• Experience with hardware interfaces, including communication over sockets and serial interfaces
• Comfort with basic Windows Workstation and Domain administration
• Networking knowledge, including VPNs and firewall configuration
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
• General office demands
• Ability to travel up to 5-10%
• 3-4 shifts per month are on a rotational basis - shift: 11:30am - 8pm
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Software Engineer (Appls) 3
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018