- Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with an expected conferral date between December 2020 and June 2021
Area Manager Intern Job Description
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- You must be open to relocate across the US for this role.*
- Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.*
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2020.
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager Intern. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager Intern opportunities.
As an Area Manager Intern, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates in a distribution warehouse environment. Your main focus will be motivating, mentoring and coaching your team. As a servant leader, the Area Manager will ensure that their team of Amazon Associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift. Engaging with your team during a shift to ensure that the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained are core functions of the role. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
- Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2020
- Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- You must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts and overtime in peak season and as needed
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of 50 to 200 Amazon Associates
- Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
- Communicate policies to Associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Create, manage and support recognition and communication programs
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
- Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
- Perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
- Walk in and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ascend and descend ladders, stairs, and gangways
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move items weighing up to 49 pounds
- A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.