The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The After School Program Helper supports the Assistant/Teacher and/or Coordinator in the responsibilities for the operation of the program. The After School Helper assists with and monitors classroom procedures, and assists with the coordination of all children's activities assigned.
- Assist the assistant/teacher/coordinator by passing out or collecting materials, setting out and putting away equipment, as required
- Assist in setting up room for special activities (crafts, assemblies, etc.) and restoring room to order following activities
- Assist in keeping the learning environment neat, clean, and in order. This shall include necessary housekeeping duties
- Participate with children in group activities
- Assist in playground supervision
- Treat each child with dignity and respect, being sensitive and responsive to the needs of children at all time and be concerned for their safety and well-being
- Teach and supervise children in clean-up activities, teach them to be responsible for keeping their classroom equipment in good order
- Assist in public relations events sponsored by the center, participate and supervise in special events and activities
- Attend all in-service workshops and staff meetings
- Assist with Supervising children in our day camp setting as assigned during school breaks and summers
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Report any potential or harmful situations, to the Supervisor immediately