Reporting to the Director of eCommerce Product Management & User Experience, the Associate eCommerce Product Manager is responsible for supporting the creation and implementation of business strategy across our web platform, channels and brands.
Focus of work includes aligning closely with eCommerce Product Managers, executive stakeholders and internal business partners to improve our competitive positioning, technology vision and the implementation and rollout of website product improvements.
The ideal candidate is a customer-oriented individual, with a great sense of digital product performance, project management and communication skills, and with a strong technical understanding of Internet and eCommerce technologies.
This position is highly cross functional, working closely with the ePM team, IT/Development, Sales, Marketing, Merchandising, 3rd Party Vendors and Executive Leadership. The ideal candidate will need the ability to influence without leaning on authority and successfully manage cross-functional teams.
This individual should have strong engagement management skills, business acumen, deep technical knowledge and the ability to speak to both business and technical teams. The candidate must be able to work independently, have a history of successful eCommerce product implementations and be results-driven.
This person will have a solid understanding of process analysis, requirements gathering, systems design and web-based solutions.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25%- Relentlessly drive for continual website product improvements delivering results that exceed quality expectations and business results.
- 25%- Responsible for creating a strategic analysis document, including but not limited to: Overview of what s happening in the market; Impactful technology trends; In-house capabilities; Internal project, technology, and resource constraints
- 25%- Responsible for ongoing communication of the roadmap and performance against it via published up-to-date calendars, product launch blogs and presentations, technical notes and training for internal and external constituents, and quarterly executive updates
- 25%- Contributing member of the eCommerce Product team that will provide Visionary Roadmap (showing the future state of the capabilities), Product Roadmaps (setting expectations for the product team by quarter), and Prioritization Matrix (establishing clear priorities for each product capability).
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Director of eCommerce Product Management & User Experience.
This position has no direct reports.
TRAVEL: Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 years
- Strategic thinker with high-level of business acumen.
- Strongly competent in eCommerce product planning.
- Driven by results and metrics. Able to link strategy to business impact.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a team of technical resources and business people to create new digital products or deliver product enhancements.
- Flexible in the face of obstacles and able to solve complex problems creatively.
- Able to sell changes internally and be a product evangelist.
- Confidence to dive-in and learn new solutions and processes without much assistance.
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced, changing environment and tight timelines.
- Ability to see the end goal and have persistence and creativity to navigate complexity.
- Solid technical and competitive landscape knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong history of successful product implementations from definition to validation
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies.
- Strong understanding of usability best practices, information architecture principles, content management, interaction design and A/B/MVT testing.
- Experience in multi-channel, multi-devices (Desktop, tablet, mobile, and wearables) and online retail preferred.
- Familiarity with B2B eCommerce best practices and web site merchandising a plus.
- Solid knowledge of customer facing eCommerce technologies landscape preferred.
- Enthusiasm, creativity and desire to work in an innovative team that is the strategic focus of overall company growth
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms, Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Oracle Endeca and/or Test & Target a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work across various cultural dynamics and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and clients across different geographies.
- Solid experience using of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.), browsing technologies and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, At Task, Skype, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
Pre-Employment Screening may include some or all of the following: Credit Check, Criminal Background Check, Past Employment Verification, Social Security Verification and Drug Screen (after offer of employment is extended and before start date). Company is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran’s status or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- eCommerce product management and business strategy: 2 years (Required)