Academy Mortgage Corporation is seeking a well-qualified Mortgage Underwriter to join our dynamic team in our Dallas location.
The Underwriter will approve or recommend denial of mortgage loans, following Company standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the Company and governmental standards are met at all times ensuring accuracy on all documents with zero errors; maintain good working knowledge of Company and government standards through continued research
- To maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere for all customers
- To meet minimum monthly requirements of underwriting new files each month
- To meet minimum monthly requirements of clearing conditions on new files each month
- To produce underwriting decisions in a maximum of 3 days after receipt of file to be underwritten
- 5 - 8 years of similar or related experience
- Courtesy, Customer Service, and Tact are essential elements of this job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation
- Extensive knowledge of Conv., FHA (DE), VA (SAR approved), Utah Housing, and multiple investor guidelines
Academy Mortgage Corporation is an EEO Employer, who participates in E-Verify. Reference checks are a pre-requisite of employment. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check and credit checks, as required by state regulation. All successful candidates must provide original documents that will establish their identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mortgage Underwriting: 3 years (Preferred)
- VA, Texas Bond Programs, USDA (Preferred)