Law Clerk/Legal Internship
Senior Corporate Counsel
About Protective Insurance
Protective Insurance Corporation specializes in marketing and underwriting insurance for the transportation industry. Today, we operate three domestic property and casualty insurance companies that provide both admitted and excess and surplus lines platforms, a Bermuda-based captive solution, a fully licensed Canadian branch and two brokerage firms. Our companies accept risks covering more than a dozen different specialty products and services and provide brokerage services for virtually any property and casualty risk.
Protective Internship Program
Protective Insurance is proud to offer an internship program that truly prepares students for the workforce. We provide resources to help interns sharpen skills and make meaningful contributions in their departments. In addition to hands- on work and competitive pay at $17.50 per hour, interns receive access to valuable leadership development resources and our corporate Fitness Center.
We are currently seeking a Law Clerk/Legal Intern to assist attorneys with general legal research and support during the Summer of 2020. The Law Clerk/Legal Intern will provide general assistance with legal and administrative tasks in support of the Legal Department. This position is full-time, requiring a commitment of 40 hours per standard work week.
- Provide general legal research and support
- Assist Claims and Legal Departments in litigated and pre-litigation matters
- Research claim-related legal issues
- Provide general assistance with insurance-related manners
- Must be a first- or second-year law student in the top half of his or her class
- Availability to work the needed hours per standard work week required
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel & Word
- Effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment