Job Title: Sales Associate
The Sales Associate is responsible for various tasks in the store and stock room to support the management team members and the overall business of O’Neill retail stores. The Sales Associate will consistently provide exceptional customer service and uphold all company programs.
- Provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations and supports O’Neill customer service.
- Uses best judgment in all customer service matters.
- Demonstrates urgency to assist customers, stopping task to focus on service.
- Demonstrates proficiency performing register transactions.
- Display natural enthusiasm when talking to customers.
- Represent the La Jolla Group Brand through personal appearance standard.
- Demonstrates initiative in seeking out tasks when not assisting customers.
- Ensures work area is clean, organized and safe for customers and employees.
- Works in a safe manner following all safety practices outlined in the company Safety Program.
- Process shipment according to established best practices.
- Accurately follow all merchandise placement instructions.
- Comply with all policies and procedures outlined in the P & P manual and employee handbook.
- Protect company assets by demonstrating and complying with all LP policies and procedures.
- Cover assigned zone and communicate with M.O.D. whenever leaving the zone.
- Report suspected or known theft to supervisor, District Manager, Area Manager or Silent Witness Hotline.
EXPERIENCE & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend and lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pound with assistance, occasionally on both the sales floor and in the stockroom.
- Ability to work on the store sales floor for extended period of time — up to 90% of assigned shift.
- Ability to operate cash register and fold and display merchandise.
Job Type: Part-time