Position Mission :
Manages the Warehouse personnel and their activities related to incoming freight, stocking, pulling, packing and shipping freight. Responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of team members and maintaining a positive safety culture throughout the Distribution Center. Additionally, the Stockroom Manager ensures the overall productivity of the warehouse.
- Manages the daily operation and service level of the Warehouse by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolves problems and identifies stockroom system improvements.
- Ensures inventory counts are performed by team members.
- Maintains warehouse security and safety of all employees.
- Supervises drivers and ensures quality service.
- Initiates regular communication with Store Managers on business issues, plans and activities.
- Focuses on improving the methods used to service the customers and meets productivity targets.
- Supports sales growth by providing excellent customer service and efficiency.
- Supports implementation of service improvement initiatives.
- Balances productivity levels with payroll to keep salary percentage to sales at a profitable level.
- Builds bench strength through employee development and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Coaches, leads and trains employees to achieve higher productivity levels
- Provides regular and frequent communicates with employees at all levels through department, small group and one-on-one meetings.
- Creates, and teaches managers to create, a workplace that is respectful of the individual and builds teamwork to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Partners with HR in the areas of hiring, development, coaching and promotional opportunities.
- Ensures appropriate standards are met as relates to employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Creates a culture of safety by ensuring required training is complete, educating employees and enforcing safety rules and investigating all accidents and providing coaching and correction.
- Keep equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, requiring preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains facility maintenance and upkeep along with cleanliness and organization of the stockroom.
- Administers company policies and procedures regarding employee performance, attendance, safety, training and other matters consistently and fairly.
- Maintains solid relationships with Store Owners and Store Managers.
- May perform other assignments from time to time as directed by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Susanville, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person