Apply Online @ https://careers-aecc.icims.com/jobs/1461/compliance-and-support-intern/job
Summer 2018 Compliance and Support Intern
Little Rock, AR
Engineering – Compliance and Support – Intern (Civil Eng. Focus)
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Compliance and Support Intern – Civil Engineering Focus assists in various areas related to civil engineering, land surveying, and related areas. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECC’s mission.
- Assist with field collection of survey data at hydroelectric generation and substation facilities, office reduction and preparation of FERC and COE compliance reports from these data sets
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports on new generation options, environmental impact statements for new construction projects, and PSC applications using GIS and CAD
- Assist in right-of-way and easement filings and check existing records for completeness
- Assist in transmission line routing, including field trips to inspect line route options
- Under supervision, assist with specifying and ordering testing equipment, tools, and other material for surveying and construction projects
- Accompany Department staff to AECC facilities (power plants and substation locations) to inspect storm water pollution prevention plan compliance, oil spill plans, and discharge monitoring sites
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Prior electric utility experience desirable but not required.
- Technologically adept and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Extremely detailed and accuracy oriented.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work as needed both in the field and office.
- Current driver’s license.
Course work in and/or field experience with Land Surveying, Hydrographic Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, AutoCAD and related 2D and 3D modeling software.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $13.17 to $22.17 /hour