JOB SUMMARY: The Finance Director is a key position for the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra (ASO). As such, it is the responsibility of the Finance Director to ensure the financial stability of the ASO. The Finance Director is also responsible for assisting other ASO employees in progressing the ASO’s mission of enriching, engaging, inspiring, and advancing Arkansas through music.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Structure Financial Information Flow:
- Maintain chart of accounts and project codes.
- Meet periodically with department managers to assess information needs and adapt financial reporting procedures as needed.
General Ledger Entry & Review:
- Maintain fixed asset records and calculate depreciation entries.
- Make entries to reclassify unearned revenue to revenue for Education and Outreach accounts.
- Make annual adjusting entries for fiscal year end.
- Review general ledger entries for posting errors and make needed adjustments.
- Bank statements
- Pledges receivable
- Credit card receivable accounts
- Suspense account
- Education and Outreach advance receipt accounts.
- Development Department revenue accounts
- Verify accounts payable and line of credit balances.
- Maintain financial statement templates in the Financial Edge system.
- Distribute departmental financial information to department managers on a monthly basis.
- Produce balance sheets and income statements for Board reporting.
- Report to Finance Committee at bi-monthly meetings.
- Complete information/research request from staff members.
- Analyze historical trends for use in strategic planning
- Prepare annual OSR reporting and Salary Survey for the League of American Orchestras.
- Process budget information from department managers into a single document.
- Work with CEO to create annual budget.
- Enter budget information on both a project code and account level in Financial Edge system and distribute budget across reporting periods.
- Meet regularly with CEO to compare budget to actual expenses.
Compliance Reporting to Government Agencies:
- File annual report for nonprofits with the Arkansas Secretary of State.
- File annual charity registration with the Arkansas Attorney General.
- Prepare quarterly state unemployment tax report.
- Ensure other payroll reporting/payroll tax deposits are properly completed through the payroll software.
- Annual reporting of W-2’s and 1099’s.
- Convert financial records from cash basis to GAAP basis for auditors.
- Coordinate with other departments for auditor needs.
- Provide auditors with requested financial information.
- Regular attendance of ASO events is required for this position.
Estimated hours required: 20 hours/week.
- A successful Finance Director must be goal oriented, organized, creative, a problem solver, and a team player.
- In addition, they must possess analytical skills and understand the need for data collection.
- The Finance Director is also expected to be able to lead others and to be passionate about the mission of the ASO.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 /hour
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)