WG Welch Mechanical is seeking a full time Estimator to join our team. The ideal candidate should have some knowledge of estimating practices required for plumbing and mechanical systems. The position will support and work closely with Senior Estimators to review project plans, requirements, and specifications. The Junior Estimator will perform and be part of project take-offs, pricing requests, and final bidding of projects while adhering to WG Welch standards.
Job Responsibilities will be:
· Review project plans and specifications to become comfortable with the work and begin development of an estimate (Price materials, labor, equipment, and other expenses to be included in the project budget for submittal)
· Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and build all takeoffs in AutoBid
- Prepare estimating spreadsheet by loading job specific information in Excel
- Review scope of work and instructions to bidders to ensure our proposals are complete and all risk is addressed prior to submitting the proposal.
- Adheres to bid review process and makes necessary edits to bids as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple plumbing projects is required
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, plans and specifications
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of construction processes and terminology
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills; both internal and external
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to be a self-starter
· Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent field experience
· Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan