Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you'll be part of the team that leads positioning, branding, marketing communication and launch strategy for our online-to-offline products in AdWords. In this role, you will design product launch packages that bring together a collection of features into one complete story, working cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Sales, Research and PR teams. You’ll also lead strategic initiatives like branding exercises, advertiser insights research, competitive analyses and customer segmentation.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Enhance awareness of our AdWords’ offering around the world.
- Lead branding and positioning initiatives to optimize AdWords in the industry.
- Develop white papers, blog posts, videos, website content, press FAQs and presentations, detailing the benefits to marketers and how maximize value-add through adoption.
- Help to shape the development of new online-to-offline products based on market insights.
- Define and implement mechanisms for measuring the impact of product launches.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working in technology and/or marketing.
- Experience in writing and articulating complex products and features in a language that is engaging and easy to understand.
- 3 years of experience working in multi-channel advertising.
- Knowledge of multi-channel marketing.
- Ability to organize content and set strategic direction.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment to optimize stakeholder alignment and scaled communications.
- Ability to tackle strategic and difficult business challenges.
- Organized self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects from inception to completion.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.