Since 1971, families in crisis have turned to A New Leaf to find hope, change, and new beginnings. Committed to the mission of “Helping families… changing lives”. A New Leaf impacts over 35,000 individuals every year – bringing stability, happiness, and security to households across the Phoenix metropolitan area. A New Leaf is seeking Nurse Practitioner for our residential and outpatient adolescent behavioral health program “The New Foundation” located in south Scottsdale. We offer programs to youth ages 11-17 who are struggling with substance abuse and behavioral health issues through behavioral health and education programs. Our mission is to help children and families attain healing through recovery and growth by identifying strengths and building new foundations.
A New Leaf is currently seeking a part-time Nurse Practitioner.
Monday - Friday, work day schedule will be consistent, hours may vary. This position will be utilized throughout our agency and locations.
- Successful completion of a recognized course of study as an R.N.
- Completion of an ANCC or other credentialing agency course as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Possession of State of Arizona Nursing License; Nurse Practitioner License and Arizona State Prescription Dispensing Authority Certificate.
- A minimum of one-year (1) experience as a nurse practitioner in a clinical setting (i.e. Hospital, Medical Clinic, Behavioral Health Care setting).
- Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Possession of a valid Arizona Driver’s License, current auto insurance and clean driving record.
- Ability to work in an independent health care setting; ability to work as a team member and a high degree of adaptability.
- Ability at times to work under pressure and extreme stress in a highly charged environment.
- Meet the medical needs of assigned clients as per scope of practice.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the nursing staff on issues as they relate to individual clients.
- Initiate physical exams for new clients upon admission.
- Perform periodic sick-call on existing clients with minor illness.
- Follow-up consultation on orders given to nursing staff.
- Adhere to A New Leaf’s Policy and Procedures including timely response to requests of items needed for personnel file.
- Participate in the Utilization Review Process, including documentation requirements, phone reviews or physician to physician consults.
- Abide by agency contracts, terms and conditions (i.e. A.O.C., D.E.S., D.H.S., etc.)
- Participate in a Peer Review Process as needed.
Please wait to hear from us; do not call the Human Resources Department to check on the status of your application. NO PHONE CALLS. No Third Party or Temp Agencies. Only those candidates with the experience and qualifications that correspond to our requirements may be contacted by a member of our hiring department. We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of driving records, employment, education, and criminal background search. A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participant en el programa de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.