JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Evaluates and accessions cases or specimens
- Documents and cases or specimens requiring special handling
- Documents any unacceptable cases or specimens and performs cancellations as necessary.
- Performs complex set ups of slides/specimens for clinical testing.
- Prepares any reagents required for slide/specimen processing.
- Prepares any necessary sterile supplies or reagents.
- Cuts and grinds tissue specimens as necessary for processing procedures.
- Evaluate samples requiring performance by a reference laboratory
- If necessary, obtain appropriate approvals before sending samples to reference laboratory
- Prepare and/or aliquot specimens into appropriate transport containers and store in the appropriate transport conditions until pick up by courier.
- Generate manifest for reference laboratory specimens and ensure all specimens and orders are accounted for.
- Operates instrumentation/equipment according to specific protocols
- Is able to perform and document standard service, quality control, and/or calibration procedures.
- Is able to troubleshoot and resolve common instrumentation/equipment problems
- Performs inventory of supplies/reagents according to departmental procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work station
- Restocks consumable items as necessary to ensure sufficient quantity to support the next work shift.
- Complies with the section telephone courtesy policies and procedures
- Demonstrate cooperation when working with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates calmness under varying environmental circumstances. Remains willing and capable of assisting in crisis situations.
- Train other employees, students, and/or fellows as needed
- Follow established checklists during the training period.
High school diploma or equivalent. Three years of experience in a clinical medical laboratory or similar setting. With preferred degree, no experience requried. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Part-Time Benefits Eligible
non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Days, Varied, Weekends
US Dollar (USD) 28,800
US Dollar (USD) 36,000
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 43,200