Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Full Time, Year-Round Position with Benefits
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications is primarily responsible for the planning and
implementation of effective marketing, communication media planning (electronic/print/web-based/social),
and execution to support and promote the Golden Isles and the company’s goals. Additionally, this position
regularly cultivates and maintains relationships with stakeholders, vendors and industry partners.
Success in this position requires effective marketing expertise, with a proven track record in managing and
executing multi-million-dollar marketing plans. Requires skillful management of professional relationships
with business partners, other operating departments, and marketing department staff members in the creation
of internal/external communication, marketing, and advertising plans and materials. The Vice President of
Marketing and Communications acts as the key liaison with public relations partner(s) to ensure appropriate
communication flow and the successful completion of that firm’s mission related to our company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop, and track the ROI of the CVB’s annual Marketing and Communications plan and
- Research, develop, and manage the execution of the annual media plan to include purchasing and
negotiation of advertising placements.
- Manage all cooperative marketing efforts in the region to continue regional unity and collective buying
- Manage all Marketing, Communications, and Sales team’s efforts to become a highly effective team.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of internal reporting, CRM, CMS, SEO, SEM, databases, digital ad
placement, tracking, performance and effectiveness of each system based on industry benchmarks.
- Manage and oversee all external company communications including but not limited to, the visitors guide,
e-mail initiatives, marketing and advertising collateral, social media, website functions, etc.
- Manage and oversee the execution and creation of marketing and promotional materials including
electronic newsletters, online landing pages and banner ads, press releases, presentations, website content,
video & photography, and brochures.
- Manage and oversee company retail functions as relates to brand development and sales.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and positive relationship with all operating
departments to better promote and understand individual, team and company accomplishments.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of all marketing trends, tools, and technology that will
enhance visibility and image in that medium.
- Maintain an accurate record of marketing and media exposures via clipping service and other sources.
- Development and implementation of the 12-month Marketing and communications schedule supporting
the company’s marketing and revenue enhancement goals.
- Manage the execution and creation of an annual social media plan and editorial calendar.
- Manage community co-operative marketing efforts and coordinate accordingly.
- Produce, distribute, and manage sales of the visitor guide publication.
- Create, implement, and execute marketing and brand campaigns.
- Manage the implementation of plan/calendar with the team through various platforms that include but not
limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogging to engage visitors.
- Plan, write, and create various marketing campaigns which align with the CVB’s annual Marketing and
- Compile and distribute a monthly report of the company’s activity to Management.
- Maintain and grow sales and marketing databases.
- Direct and coordinate quarterly sales and marketing meetings to communicate the company’s vision to
- Set budget goals for the sales and marketing department and hold them accountable for meeting/beating
- Create and manage quarterly marketing report to measure online advertising/web effectiveness.
- Participate fully in professional societies and activities related to the hospitality and marketing and
communication industries. Regularly participate and attends CVB and industry meetings, functions, etc.
- Generate stories about the destination and the organization by proactively pitching stories to national,
regional, trade and local media outlets.
- Organize and manage media familiarization tours and travel writer visits to the destination.
- Provide and write editorial content for various media outlets as needed.
- Maintain, write, and update content for websites to ensure both search engine visibility and favorable user
- Handle all media requests in a prompt and timely manner.
- Maintain orderly records of contact database (media/local/marketing).
- Serve as spokesperson for the company as directed.
- Act as a key contact to support and promote company marketing initiatives. Work with affiliated
organizations to assist with selected marketing initiatives.
- Manage departmental expenses to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Attends internal and external meetings as required.
- Presents to the public in a professional manner.
- Additional duties as required
This executive will be able to see the company’s vision, as well as develop/execute a plan to help achieve
The successful candidate will get great satisfaction from build team excellence. S/he will be a self-directed,
insightful individual who is fully capable of functioning both independently and as a part of a team, and
relishes in driving change in an organization.
S/he will have evident personal flair and will inspire confidence in both internal and external constituencies
by the nature of their presence and experience/achievements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate true leadership ability and have strong cross-function and team-
building skills with the ability to manage effectively up, down, and across the organization.
The successful candidate will be upbeat, positive, high energy, and committed to winning results. S/he will
be flexible and open to ideas coming from all areas and levels of the organization, but also confident and
decisive, with the courage of their convictions, and be able to make tough calls when necessary. S/he should
posses a tremendous drive to excel and have an extensive background of marketing and sales experience.
- Should have at least (4) years’ experience in a Marketing and Communications leadership role.
- Highly organized individual with a prolific marketing capacity and superior grammatical and oral
- Corporate or Resort industry experience is highly preferred.
- Must be highly knowledgeable of digital advertising campaigns such as pay-per-click (PPC), SEO, SEM.
- Experienced in directing digital and print advertising.
- Full understanding of social media strategy and execution.
- Significant web construction and content management experience.
- Experienced and proficient in spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, internet and database management.
- Energetic, self-starting, positive team player with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively manage a successful team.
- Experience in buying and negotiating media in multi-million dollar budget cycles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and take the initiative.
- Occasional overnight travel to include nights, holidays and weekends for trade shows and professional
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy in a wide variety of public contact situations.
- Ability to properly and safely lift 35 pounds to waist height.
- Must have a four-year Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Marketing, Journalism or Public
Relations from an accredited university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a strong background in media strategy, digital media, and managing powerful brands.
- Previous experience in managing teams in a sales and marketing function with annual budget
responsibility of over $1-2M.
Compensation will consist of an attractive base salary, vacation, health and dental benefits and participation
in the company retirement program.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Maggie Hughes at email@example.com. No
phone calls please.