This role is accountable for the strategic exploitation and adoption of Teams & Yammer. Effective use of Teams across the company will delivery significant productivity gains, while delivering savings in relation to travel, communications and meetings. The Teams platform has significant potential to change how colleagues in stores engage, learn and perform their roles. Microsoft has announced that TEAMs will also become a core base platform for development and access to future applications that will go beyond collaborative solutions and look at task mgt & automation.
For Yammer, an effective plan to exploit the social platform across an organization can deliver significant benefits in terms of employee engagement and corporate transparency. It can enable secure exchange in a controlled environment.
Critical for this role requires engaging the business at the right level, agreeing the plan, securing the investment needed and then overseeing delivery. They will work closely with business stakeholders to understand how business processes can be optimised to use the technologies and deliver business benefit. This will involve working with IT & business leads from Boots, Walgreens and Alliance Healthcare markets to understand variations in local market requirements and regulatory standards. It will also require them to work closely with facilities administration and event teams to create synergies between the technology program and the real estate plan for meetings, broadcasts, events and collaboration.
They will work in collaboration with core corporate functions (Communications, IT Security, HR and Legal) to ensure that effective policies are adopted across WBA. Effective internal social media use delivers significant benefits to a company, but it does need to be carefully managed to secure both the team member and the organization.
As the WBA lead, they will also work closely with Microsoft and with the wider WBA IT community on the evolution of the products to ensure future benefit opportunities are realized across the company.
For delivery, the role will also contribute to the adoption of a 3rd party factory model that will be used by the business to develop future solutions in Teams, Power Apps and SharePoint. For support, the role will take lead overseeing the outsourced service provider responsible for support these products within WBA.
The role will require a high degree of influencing at a senior level (VP and above) as it will facilitate key changes across how the business operates today.
Job Responsibilities / Technical Skills
- Overall accountability across all WBA for Teams & Yammer program implementation & exploitation
- Improves vendor relationship while holding the outsourced vendor accountable for operational support services
- Partners with MS for program & product development
- Contributes to the establishment of 3rd party delivery factories/consultancies on Teams and other MS products, as desired.
- Partners closely with Senior Store Management (Walgreens & Boots) on how store colleagues can benefit from Teams use
- Collaborates closely with corporate Comms groups on exploitation of Yammer
- Guides work with Facilities Management and Events Teams on the future of Meeting spaces, Broadcasts, etc.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
- is present in more than 25* countries
- employs more than 440,000* people
- has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
- has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience with Office 365 adoption OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience with Office 365 adoption
- Experience in a large, multi-national organization
- Experience working in an outsourced operational service
- Experience delivering on technology plan
- Experience managing technology vendors and SLA review
- Experience working collaboratively and influencing stakeholders in the business & IT
- Experience partnering with internal communications functions
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state, out of state & infrequent/limited travel to the United Kingdom).
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with Microsoft Vendor Management
Education Level : High School Diploma/GED
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance